Phew! I feel like August just flew by! (except it forgot to take it’s humidity when it left). I have been super busy around here the last few weeks, so pardon my lack of projects and postings.
I moved my shop into a larger space in a prime location at the Antique Mall. Things have been going really well! For the first time I have ZERO finished projects waiting around the house/garage and nothing pending in classified adds. That means items have actually been selling items faster than I can make them! I am feeling very blessed and so encouraged.
Here is a simple piece I cleaned up this week after picking it up off of Rt 74 on Monday.
Since it was just missing a back and had some blistering from years of sun damage, this upgrade is really straight forward. Discounting dry-time, I finished it in about 90 minutes.
First step was to just clean it. Years and years of that thick dust, and a tiny stash of squirelly walnuts in the lower left corner later and I was feeling even more confident that this would be an easy job.
Not one of my most drastic upgrades, but I really love classic pieces like this. And when fine wood is salvageable, it’s kind of a shame to spray paint it aqua 😉